TONING BLONDE HIGHLIGHTS

Good morning friends! Today we're gonna talk about hair, particularly about blonde hair. As you guys have seen on Instagram (@thrusaraseyes) this summer I got some blonde balayage into my hair and just recently I added some more blonde highlights into my hair to give a more over all blonde feel to it! Now there are tons and tons of videos on YouTube about ging blonde, going platinum blonde or getting blonde highlights and there are also a lot of videos where those people bleach and tone their hair at home - some of them turn out great and others not so much! Personally I'd never bleach my own hair at home not particularly because I'd do a messy job or I wouldn't be able to cover up all the hair that I want to be bleached. It's more about to keep your hair healthy in my opinion. At the hair dresser they look at your hair, check how healthy it is and then they decide with which intensity of bleach they're gonna go in in order to not completely damage your hair - and that it stays on your head! So I'd rather spent a little more money to keep my hair the healthiest possible.
Now it's pretty normal to turn yellow after bleaching your hair unless you're really lucky but personally I was way more yellow right after I got the balayage than I'm now. I really want an cool toned blonde and I achieve this by using certain products at home whenever I wash my hair and it definitely works you guys. So I wanted to share a few products that I've recently started using and one that I've been using since July and been repurchasing three times so far - and I'm definitely gonna keep using this product forever!
I want to start with two products that I've mentioned before: The first one being the Cool Silver Shampoo by Björn Axén and the other one the Dumb Blonde Toning Protection Spray by Bed Head by TIGI. I've repurchased the toning spray once and the purple shampoo already two times. I really feel like these two products make the difference in your hair. 
I've also ordered two new products form shampoo.ch which are also targeted for blonde hair and highlights. The first one's another TIGI product. I've decided to get the Violet Mask For Blondes and Highlights from their Catwalk range. This product claims to "help reflect light to give blonde hair and highlights striking shimmer while helping defend against breakage". There are some violet toners, pearl extract and rice milk. The scent of this product is amazing and the color is more of a light violet - compared to the purple shampoo that I use which is almost black. You can use this mask weekly and leave it in for 3-5 minutes. I'm really excited to try it out and I'll definitely report back on this product. I also got the GOLDWELL Dualsenses Blondes & Highlights which is a pretty similar  product but this time its a "60sec treatment" to give blonde hair more luminosity. This product has a light violet color as well as the Catwalk one and also a really beautiful scent. But it seems like this is much more of an intense treatment since you only have to leave it in for 60 seconds.

Since bleaching isn't that great for your hair I really wanna focus on nourishing my hair and also keeping the color looking fresh and cool toned. I'm definitely gonna report back on the two masks that I've mentioned and if they are worth their money - I really hope they are!
- xoxo Sara

Comments

Popular Posts