CLINIQUE: EVEN BETTER GLOW

Good evening everybody and welcome back to another blogpost! Now this one is really cool since I'm gonna talk about a very fun event that I went to last week with my friend Désirée - so thanks again to you Dési for taking me with you! The event that I'm talking about was by Clinique at their counter at the Globus in Zurich and it was based around their new foundation called EVEN BETTER GLOW! I also wanna include a review of this foundation since I've been wearing it almost every day  so be prepared for some fun behind the scenes and a review of this new foundation at the end!

Last Thursday we attended this really cool event and right away we got some drinks and chocolates - which is always great to beginn with! Everyone was super nice! I gotta say that we both were a little nervous since we're not those huge bloggers that have events like every single day but we definitely appreciate when we get these kind of opportunities! We actually were the first ones that arrived at the counter and we just hopped on our seats and then we got totally glammed up! My make up artist was Beni Probst (@savogna) and he did my make up absolutely amazing! 
To help you picking your right foundation as well as the right foundation shade they have a foundation finder! You just answer a few questions and then it'll give you what you need but since this event was about the Even Better Glow foundation we obviously went for that one and let me tell you: This foundation is bomb but more to that later on! 
Firstly he put on some Clinique Moisture Surge Concentrate following up an anti redness powder (on which I'm gonna do a separate blogpost since I enjoy that one quite a lot!) and then we went right in with the foundation. He applied it with a brush but I'm gonna do it with my beauty blender since this is what I'm used to and what I have at home. Then he put on a little bit of concealer that he mixed in with some moisturizer under my eyes and then we went straight on to eyeshadows. He asked me about what colors I liked since he wanted me to feel comfortable with the look. I always tend to go for more earthy tones like brown - he recommended to add a little bit of rose since I have more of a cool undertone to my skin, hair and I also prefer silver jewelry. He went with about four colors and it wasn't overloading at all but it really made my eye color pop and also made my eyes the focus of this make up look. To finish everything off he used a lipgloss that he mixed in with a little bit of lip balm - I'd say that it was a rosy-mauve color that really was subtle but super pretty. The finished result was definitely a natural make up with a little bit more to it - since I personally never really go with rosy shades on my eyes. 
We also got a really cool goodie bag at the end with the Even Better Glow foundation in our matching shade, a sample of the City Block Purifying Charcoal Clay Mask + Scrub and their bestselling make up remover Take The Day Off. We also got a really cool Clinique shirt that I'm definitely gonna wear once it's getting warmer outside!

Lastly I wanted to quickly talk about the Even Better Glow foundation. Now as I've mentioned in the beginning I've been wearing it almost everyday so far! If you've been following me for a while then you know that I'm not huge on wearing foundations. Last summer I picked one that I really enjoyed wearing and then I was also sent another one but it was never like that I really wanted to wear those everyday. I'm not saying that they're bad but they weren't like my ideal color or finish. I have sometimes some dryness but then also a T-Zone that tends to get oily - so these always made me either look dry or really shiny. 
First of all I really enjoy the packaging. It's a little plastic squeeze bottle that is super convenient - I also have ones with droppers that just get super messy and are quite annoying. On the back it says "sheer to moderate coverage" and I totally agree on that! I personally like to put a little amount of it onto the back of my hand and then put some dots onto my face - using not much product at all. Then I like to go in with a beauty blender and blend everything out and wherever I wanna add some more coverage I just put on a little bit more foundation. Super easy to blend and the finish is beautiful! On Friday I was wearing it from 6am to about 7pm for work and the foundation still looked super nice in the evening. Nothing looked dry or oily - it just looked perfect in my opinion. And what I also really enjoyed is that this foundation feels like nothing on your skin which I really like since I'm usually not a foundation wearer. 
I also really like the fact that this foundation really makes you look glowy but not shiny at all. If you wanna look really natural you don't even have to apply highlight. This foundation makes your skin look really moisturized in a healthy - not oily or shiny - way which is amazing especially during these super cold winter months! I also feel like that it really makes a difference if you have your right shade and now with this foundation I definitely do have the right one! Once we get closer to summer I definitely wanna get color matched again and pick up my right shade in the Even Better Glow foundation! 
Thank you guys so much for checking out tonights blogpost. Definitely let me know if you've already tested out this new Clinique foundation and what your thoughts on it are! I also wanna give a huge thanks to Clinique Switzerland for giving us this amazing opportunity! We really do appreciate!
- xoxo Sara

S O M E  B E H I N D  T H E  S C E N E S  S H O T S :



Comments

  1. It was a really great evening, I'm glad you decided to come with me :-) I 100% agree with you on the review of the foundation. It looks very healthy on the skin, not shiny or oily but just luminous. Your makeup looked really really nice, I must say. Have a great day, Desi (stunnydesi_loves on IG)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dési! Haha' I'm also wearing it today to work, I just put a little bit of highlight on that's it and I thing my make up (with eyeshadows) took me about 10 minutes. The foundation is super easy to blend and you don't need a lot! I absolutely love it! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts