REVIEW: BENEFIT BAD GAL BANG! MASCARA

Good evening everybody and welcome back to another blogpost! I've already teased a little bit in my Insta Stories that I've picked up the brand new BENEFIT Bad Gal Bang! mascara at Sephora and I'm super excited to tell you guys about my experience with using this mascara! In advanced I gotta say that I have naturally pretty long and full lashes but they're looking downwards and I always gotta curl them. Since using my eyelash curler is something that I always do before applying mascara I'm gonna curl my lashes before applying the Benefit Bad Gal Bang! mascara as well. It's definitely gonna be interesting to see if my eyelashes are gonna be weighed down by this mascara or won't hold the curl since that happens quite often with different mascaras that I like to try out.
But first let me start out with telling you guys what this mascara claims to do. Now on the packaging it says it all and what it says sounds actually really amazing and promising. Obviously they've included some numbers to show how many people enjoyed this mascara: 90% saw dramatic volume, 94% said it instantly lifted their lashes and another 92% said that it lengthened their lashes - these three things sound actually really amazing to me and are exactly what I want from a mascara. The mascara has an intense pitch black color, claims to be smudge-proof and flake-free, has ProVitamin B5 in it, which is known to fuel thickness and strength and this mascara also claims to to be water-resistant. This mascara will give you 36 hours full-blast volume* and gives massive volume without weighing your lashes down.

And now let's start out with the actual review part of this blogpost! Now the brush of this mascara is really small an thin compared to others that I've tried - I mean the brush on the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is huge compared to this one. But I feel like with the Bad Gal Bang! mascara brush you can really get real close to the base of your lashes and really coat the whole length of them. I've applied two coats of this mascara. With the first coat I gotta say that not that much happened. My lashes were coated in black and they were really separated but didn't look big like I'd like them to look. Now with the second coat there has definitely happened more. I was showing these pictures to my friend Désirée (@stunnydesi_loves) and she said that it definitely looks kinda clumpy and I had to agree although I'm that kind of person that doesn't mind lashes that are a little but clumpy to be honest with you. (I think there are combs for your lashes out there so this might be a buy to consider if you get this mascara but don't wanna have clumpy lashes.) After applying it I really liked the finish of the mascara but it didn't give me a wow-effect so far. The look of it is pretty similar to the Maybelline TotalTemptation mascara in my opinion - the only downside to that one is that it smudges on me quite a lot but I like to wear it anyways cause I like the look that it gives to my lashes.

Now how did the mascara hold up throughout the day? The mascara stayed almost the same all day long. The only issue that I had was, that it smudged a tiny bit under my eyes. This is probably due to the fact that I don't use an eye cream but an oil under my eyes. So this is probably why most mascaras tend to smudge. But it's not that bad and not as intense as with others that I've tried so far. 
Definitely let me know in the comments if you guys have already tried the brand new Benefit Bad Gal Bang! mascara and what you personally think of it! I'm definitely gonna keep using it until I'm finish and then I'm gonna give you my final thoughts in an upcoming Empties and Reviews blogpost. I really hope that you enjoyed this blogpost and I'm definitely gonna try to do more focussed on mascara since I'm really into testing out different ones. I also hope that you enjoy these little before and after pictures and that you can actually see what I'm talking about. Thank you as always for your support guys!
- xoxo Sara

*Obviously I won't be testing this mascara for 36 hours since I never wear mascara for that long I think that 18 hours - which happens not that often either - is the maximum amount of time that I wear a mascara. If the mascara lasts for about 12 hours on me without making my lashes weighing down, without flaking off and - the most important - without smudging under my eyes it's definitive a winner for me. In this review I'm gonna talk about my experience wearing it for a full day and what I think of it by the end of the day.

Comments

  1. Oh no, that sounds as if I am super mean. Hahaha. But I do think it looks nice on you. I think it should separate a little better, well at least that's what I want from a mascara among other things. But I am super fussy anyway because my lashes need a lot of help.
    Lots of love, Desi (stunnydesi_love on IG) the one mentioned above, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. noooooo I don't mean it like that as if you were mean or something. You just said what it looks like and it's definitely more on the clumpy side I gotta agree! :) with the first coat there's actually a lot of separation there - but then when you go in with another coat it starts to get clumpy. Now I personally don't mind it that much tho!

      But I gotta say that (I've been using it now for the last few days) I enjoy this tiny brush more and more since you can really get to the base of your lashes and it really coats each individual lash really nicely.

      I don't really like that it's a really wet formula that takes a long time to dry but maybe in a few weeks the mascara starts getting a little bit goopier and drier. But it's kinda hard to say that I don't like it or that I love it - I still have mixed feelings about it! It's definitely not bad but for the price I don't think that I'm gonna repurchase this one. :)

      LOL that was a long answer to your comment, sorry!
      Thanks for the support Desi! Really do appreciate that! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts