ESSIE TREAT LOVE & COLOR (UPDATE)


Good evening everybody and welcome back to another blogpost. Today I wanted to talk about the new color range that Essie recently came out with in their Treat Love & Color line. I already did a blogpost on their original color range. Back then they've only released colors that had a sheer finish but now they actually came out with some pretty cool shades that are fully opaque - which is amazing and I gotta say that I prefer them way more than the sheer polishes. So let's take a look at them, shall we!
Now in this picture I've also included the two sheer polishes that I've picked up last year called Sheers To You and Tinted Love. Don't get me wrong they're both beautiful shades but if I've got the option to choose then I'd definitely go with the new color range with opaque shades. If I'm not mistaken they brought out 18 new shades with different finishes which is just incredible - but still the concept of this nail strengthener stayed the same they just added more colors to choose from:

Treat   restore dry, brittle nails to a healthy look in just one week
Love     pamper your nails with a formula that locks in moisture and perfects nails

Color   enhance nails instantly with visually-brightening pigments for healthy glow



Now if you're a nail polish lover as I am then this sounds definitely amazing. Within only 1 week you're nails are supposed to be much healthy and stronger. As you can tell I'm mainly focussing on what the product claims to do and then in the second part of this blogpost I wanna update you on how my nails felt after using this polish for a couple of days.


Now on to my experience with these nail polishes and of course I'm gonna focus on the one shade that I've recently picked up which is 35 In A Blush which has a cream finish to it. If I'd to compare this shade to another regular Essie nail polish then I'd say it's a pretty similar color to 14 Fiji - which is a color that I really love considering the shade but I personally feel like it's really hard to apply to get an even color. As it suggests on the packaging I didn't apply any base coat but to get this color fully opaque I had to apply three thin layers of this polish - which wasn't that bad since it want streaky or anything but I just wanted it to be fully opaque to get the full effect of this beautiful color. Now although you don't have to apply a top coat I still did (I went in with my Sèche Vite one) to make it last longer - and it definitely did so! Although I gotta say that I usually change up my nail polish in the middle of the week anyways. Or wait, I gotta say most of the time - but I really wanna try to go with this one for a whole week - maybe reapplying it* - but definitely keep using it to see if there's actually gonna be an improvement. I think I gotta pick up a few more shades from this range but then I gotta say that I'm absolutely obsessed with this shade.
Now I can't say that I'm absolutely sure that it makes your nails stronger over time. I can only tell you what I've noticed so far with one week of wearing it. My nails are actually pretty long at the moment and most of the time they do tend to break off or they tend to bend over and are very weak. But not so while I'm wearing this Treat Love & Color nail polish. Even now that I'm typing on my laptop may nails and the tips of them feel really strong and not as if they're gonna break off soon. Another thing that I've noticed is that the color really stays on my nails and it doesn't chip that bad at all. I'd actually say that it's like a regular Essie nail polish but obviously with the strengthening properties. I just wanna emphasize that since there are a lot of nail polishes out there that claim to do different things for your nails but then they only hold one of their promises. Not so with this range. The color (and the color selection itself) is excellent with great staying power and it definitely helps to grow your nails stronger - and I gotta say that the shade 35 In A Blush is most likely to be my new go to shade! 
I'm actually really excited to see what is actually going to happen when I continue to use these types of nail polishes! So far I'm really in love with the one in 35 In A Blush that I've picked up! Let me know down below if you've tried them yourself or if you're interested in trying them out. Thank you so much for your support guys!
- xoxo Sara


* I actually did reapply the nail polish in the middle of the week. The chipping wasn't bad at all but I just hate it when they're not perfect anymore so I always have to redo them. But I'd say if I wasn't that picky about it then I could easily go with wearing it for one week.






Comments

  1. Oh, I thought that I already had these but I have the sheer ones. These look actually a lot nicer. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! I gotta say that I prefer the new ones much more! I've reapplied the color that I have (In A Blush) already for the third time in a row - I love that one so so much! But they have other shades that look amazing too but I'm kinda stuck on this one now :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts