HEALTHY AND GLOWY SKIN feat. PIXI, THE ORDINARY & MORE


Good evening everybody and welcome back to another blogpost! Now I've recently received a couple of new products for my birthday that I wanted to share with you on here! I really wanted to create another blogpost about healthy and glowy looking skin featuring some all time favorite products as well as two new ones! That's why I'm gonna keep it short and sweet with some of the products that I've mentioned before on the blog and I'll go more in depth about the one's that I've recently received! So without further a do let's get going with this!

PIXI Glow Tonic 5% Glycolic Acid
Now to not bore you with products that I've mention quite a lot before I wanted to start out with the Pixi Glow Tonic that has 5% glycolic acid in it. I really feel like this is an excellent toner and perfect to incorporate into your skincare routine if you wanna start using acids. It really helps out with getting an even complexion but doesn't burn or irritate - my skin at least - at all. This is definitely a product that I like to use on a daily basis or if I'm not using another on that is a little bit stronger like e.g. the Alpha-H Liquid Gold. But now let's go on tho another toner with glycolic acid in it that is kinda similar to this one - but definitely a little more inexpensive!

THE ORDINARY Glycolic Acid 7 % Toning Solution
I've actually never owned this product before since it's been sold out whenever I wanted to buy it actually so I'm super excited to finally have it and test it out! Now if I had to compare it to other products then I'd say it's something between the Pixi Glow Tonic and the Alpha-H Liquid Gold! There's definitely a little bit of a burning sensation (it goes away after a couple of seconds) but not as intense as you get it with the Liquid Gold. But I'm always blown away about how inexpensive these products by The Ordinary are. This was under 10 pounds which is just amazing for what you actually get and this is quite a huge bottle! The product is recommended to be used in the evening but the Pixi one you can use AM and PM or as needed. I'd say that these two are probably pretty similar so I'd say that you don't need both but The Ordinary one is definitely more budget friendly! Nevertheless both products are great toners that help to improve your skin texture! 

ALPHA-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid
This toner I absolutely love and it is my second bottle of it! I really feel like this is the most effective skincare item I've ever used. If you're using it on a regular basis you'll definitely see an improvement in your skin texture and the over all look of your skin. I've already posted a couple of different blogposts about this product so definitely check them out if you're interested in reading more about this product!

THE ORDINARY AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
I've seen this product appearing in my Instagram feed quite a lot actually and I really wanted to try it out for a while now - and that's why I put it on my birthday wish list. I've tried it for the first time two weeks ago so this is sort of a mini review / first impression. Since I can already tell a difference in my skin but first let me quickly run you through what this product actually is: This product is a 10-Minute Exfoliating Facial that you can do at home. I gotta say that I'm usually not that kinda person that leaves her face mask for only as long as it says on the packaging on the face. But seriously guys: This mask isn't really meant to be left on for more then 10 minutes. It is also recommended to test it just on one area on your face before applying it all over it. Also if you haven't used acids before you probably shouldn't start with this one since it's pretty intense. Personally I really like to use products with glycolic acids in it since I really feel like they work and do something for my skin. Now it is also recommended to only use it 2 times max. a week so I definitely won't do it more or maybe even just once a week just to be safe -  I gotta say that I've only used it once so far but I'm definitely gonna give it another go this week! 
Now I've applied the facial as you're supposed to onto my face avoiding the eye area and then I actually set a timer on my phone for ten minutes. I was actually kinda afraid of using it since I've expected it to really burn on the skin but it had more a tingling sensation - and the Alpha-H Liquid Gold toner that I enjoy using is definitely more aggressive in my opinion. After the ten minutes were up I took a dampened muslin cloth and removed it from my face. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't get any of this solution in my eyes so to remove it with the muslin cloth and not just rinse it off with water seemed a good way to go for me. Now it did feel a little bit drying afterward. I actually didn't know if you had to leave your skin bare afterwards but then I googled it and you can actually follow up with your regular skincare. I've applied the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate following up with the Ultra Facial Cream by Kiehl's
My skin felt super super soft afterwards. It was just slightly red on the skin but not more than it's ready after using any other face mask. It's really important now for me to include a spf into my daily skincare routine - which I gotta say I wasn't that good with that part - in order to protect my skin from the sun since this peeling solution can increase your skin sensitivity. But nevertheless I really like the results I've to so far and I'm definitely continuing using it.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY Bronze & Glow Overnight Mask
I'm naturally more on the paler side but honestly I'd much prefer to be quite bronzy so this product is excellent for that! I got it back in the summer and it's still going super strong. It gives your face such a natural glow - but definitely be careful with not overdoing it! Recently I've been really enjoying using it every now and then to give my face some color! I also dedicated a blogpost to this product so definitely check that one out it you're interested in it! There's gonna be soon another blogpost about a new bronzing product that I've recently ordered for my face as well as a bronzing toner for my body that I've repurchased since spring and summer (should be) right around the corner!

Definitely let me know in the comments if you've tried out any of these products before or if you have any other recommendations that are similar to these products. I really feel like that products with glycolic acids in them help to improve your skin texture! Thank you so much for checking out todays blogpost and I wish you all an excellent day or evening - whenever you're reading this!
- xoxo Sara

Comments

Popular Posts