NEW HAIR: GOING BLONDE BALAYAGE

H A P P Y  T H U R S D A Y  evening friends! As I've mentioned a couple of times the last few days: Today I went to the hair dresser to get Blonde Balayage and in today's blogpost I wanted to share with you my experience plus two products that I'm gonna keep using to maintain a cool toned blonde! We were actually just chatting about balayage and going blonde last week and I decided to try it out. Also my hair dresser Chiara was really pumped about putting some color into my hair!



To get my hair looking like in the pictures it took about 4 hours - which is kinda crazy if you think about it since usually I only get my hair cut at the hair dresser which takes about 45 minutes - but it was super worth it! First my hair dresser went in with the bleach color. She didn't just apply it like you would normally do when you're getting your hair colored: She kinda went for a V-shape on the upper 'end' of the section that we wanted to get blonde for the balayage effect. This process took about 1,5 hours since she applied everything very carefully and in little sections. She also just used cotton pads to make sure that the color coated sections wouldn't stick together while the bleach was processing. Then she rinsed the bleach out and went in with a purple shampoo following up a product called Color Fresh by Wella Professionals which is an ammonia-free color enhancer that should also help in the futur to get my hair even more cool toned and to make sure that I can maintain the color that I want. After drying my hair it still had some yellow undertone to it which we didn't like. That's why she went over it with another semi-permanent color enhancer to get the yellow even more out and it worked really well. I'm really in love with the result and I think by using a purple shampoo and a color enhancer by Wella Professionals I can achieve the perfect Cool Toned Blonde Balayage!

Now I'd like to quickly mention two products that I'm gonna start using by tomorrow the work a little bit more on the tone that I wanna achieve in my hair. Last weekend I've already picked up a purple shampoo by the brand Björn Axén which is called Cool Silver Shampoo which claims to reduce the yellow undertones in blonde hair. My hair dresser said that I can use the purple shampoo actually everyday - and that's exactly what I'm gonna do! Since my hair isn't like a white color it definitely won't turn lavender by using this on the daily. The second product I'm gonna use once a week: We're talking about the Color Fresh 10/81 by Wella Professionals. After washing my hair with shampoo and rinsing it out I'm gonna apply some of this product into the hair and massage it all over it (it doesn't matter if it gets onto the natural hair since it only effects the bleached sections to color correct them) and then leave it in for ten minutes. After that I'm gonna rinse it out and you don't have to shampoo it after that again.
I quickly wanted to add a little update in here about the Björn Axén Cool Silver Shampoo cause I was actually shocked when I used it this morning for the first time in the shower: It is such a rich and deep purple that my hands were actually kinda stained purple after shampooing them. It definitely changed the tone quite a lot and I can't wait to used it tomorrow morning in combination with the Color Fresh by Wella Professionals.

I really wanted to share with you my experience since I'm really excited for my new hair! Definitely let me know if you know any other products that are great to maintain a cool toned blonde! I'm gonna leave the website of my hair dresser down below if you're interested in checking it out yourself.
-xoxo Sara

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this amazing post. I'm reay blown away with how it turned out. It looks amazing.
    Lots of love, Desi (stunnydesi_loves on IG)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your lovely comment! have a nice Friday! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts